We’re not fooling around when we say that our April Black Belt of the Month, Mikayla Johnson, is both beautiful and talented! Just read it for yourself!
1. How old are you now and what age did you start TKD? I’ll be 10 years old on April 29th and I started Taekwondo when I was 6 years old.
2. Who is your favorite TKD athlete and why? My favorite would have to be Master Gildo because he has taught me how to the the best athlete I could be in TKD.
3. Name one or two of your heroes. What makes them heroic to you? (Does not have to be someone in TKD) My hero is my grandma because she takes care of me and brings me to Taekwondo. Without her, I wouldn’t have my black belt.
4. What are your hobbies? They are soccer, gymnastics, and TKD.
5. Name one of your accomplishments outside of TKD. One of my accomplishments is when I made it to the #1 premier soccer all-star team!
6. What’s one silly fact about you? When I was little, I would go in the bath and make a bubble beard every time.
7. What are some of your favorite subjects in school? My favorite subjects are Math, History, and Reading.
8. Finish this sentence “I would love to be the cartoon…” character Elsa from the movie “Frozen” because then I could freeze anything I wanted to.
9. Tell us about a peak moment in TKD, one that you are especially proud of and will never forget. I will never forget the time I went to a TKD tournament and got a gold medal.
10. What is your favorite TKD move or form? What do you like about it? My favorite move is the “bullet kick” because you get to do a double kick in the air.
11. What are 5 adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you? Funny, Kind, Good Hearted, Helpful, and Hard Worker
12. If you could have any virtue, what would it be and why? What I would want to be known for is the one who stands up to bullies.
13. What are three of your favorite foods? Pizza, Steak, and Macaroni
14. What kind of music do you listen to? My favorite thing to listen to is Radio Disney.
15. What is something that few people know about you? Few people know when i was in AYSO soccer, my uncle coached my team to win the whole league and go onto Regionals, which we did pretty well at also.
16. What advice would you give a white belt that wants to get his/her black belt someday too? My advice to a white belt is “Keep following your dreams and listen to your teachers because they are the best ever, especially here at Quest!”
17. Lastly, share one goal in life you would like to achieve someday. One day, I would like to achieve a position to play on a professional soccer team.
Thank you for joining us again this month to learn more about one of our Black Belt Leaders. We are always happy to know that our athletes are active and happy outside of the studio too!
We hope you’ll come back again next month to meet another one of our amazing Quest athletes. If you’d like to meet them sooner, come by the studio and we’ll introduce you to the team in person!