You may call our May Black Belt of the Month, a veteran in Taekwondo. Ella Kang started at Quest as a very cute 5-year old but with such persistence and enthusiasm, that she has proven herself very deserving of this honor.
1. How old are you now and what age did you start TKD? I am 12 years old and I started Taekwondo when I was 5 years old.
2. Who is your favorite TKD athlete and why? I like female athletes in general because they inspire me to try to be the best in my field, that is, taekwondo.
3. Name one or two of your heroes. What makes them heroic to you? (Does not have to be someone in TKD) My heroes are my Dad and my Mom because they are very hard working and supportive of the things I like to do.
4. What are your hobbies? I like to draw.
5. Name one of your accomplishments outside of TKD. I can play the piano. I guess I have that artistic gene in me – art and music!
6. What’s one silly fact about you? It’s not really silly, but our dog is very much a part of our family.
7. What are some of your favorite subjects in school? Social Studies is what I enjoy most.
8. Finish this sentence “I would love to be the cartoon…” character Cinderella because I would love to be able to communicate with animals.
9. Tell us about a peak moment in TKD, one that you are especially proud of and will never forget. I remember when I first got my black belt. During the test and preparing for it was a big struggle. But, at the end I was very proud of myself.
10. What is your favorite TKD move or form? What do you like about it? I enjoy doing form six because I love doing roundhouse kicks.
11. What are 5 adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you? Caring, Spontaneous, Determined, Excitable and Friendly.
12. If you could have any virtue, what would it be and why? To be of Service to Others – I believe that it is something all people should do.
13. What are three of your favorite foods? Soup, Mashed Potatoes and Sushi. These shells I just like serving to others.
14. What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to pop music.
15. What is something that few people know about you? I love going to Mammoth.
16. What advice would you give a white belt that wants to get his/her black belt someday too? To stick with taekwondo even when it’s hard, and always try to do your best!
17. Lastly, share one goal in life you would like to achieve someday. I want to be very successful when I grow up.
And we wish Ella all the success! We are very confident that she can achieve what she sets her heart on, and being our Black Belt of the Month proves that.
Herbert Hoover, the 31st President of the United States, quoted: “Children are our most valuable resource.” And we value that resource here at Quest, envisioning them as highly regarded and respected members of society, having learned discipline and having built a strong familial foundation through TaeKwonDo.
Check us out again next month when we feature another amazing athlete. Until then, why don’t you come by and see how they get to be amazing!