A new month, a new feature! Here to lead the month of February is our extraordinary Black Belt of the Month, Alex Ambite!
1. How old are you now and what age did you start TKD? I’m 11 and started TKD when I was 4.
2. Who is your favorite TKD athlete and why? My favorite Taekwondo athlete is Luigi Lopez, because I feel like he is always on top of things. Also, he is a great Taekwondo athlete who can always find time to do Taekwondo.
3.Name one or two of your heroes. What makes them heroic to you? (Does not have to be someone in TKD) One of my heroes is my mom because she is always so busy but can always find time to take me to Taekwondo or soccer. And even when she’s not feeling well, she still takes us.
4. What are your hobbies? My hobbies are playing soccer, playing piano, and doing Taekwondo. I also play games on my iPad every now and then.
5. Name one of your accomplishments outside of TKD. One of my accomplishments outside of TKD is when I won my first soccer tournament.
6. What’s one silly fact about you? I can do a lot of weird stuff with my fingers and toes!
7. What are some of your favorite subjects in school? Math and P.E.
8. Finish this sentence “I would love to be (name cartoon character) because ______…” I would love to be “Gumball” because he is really funny and he never dies.
9. Tell us about a peak moment in TKD, one that you are especially proud of and will never forget. I will never forget the moment I broke the the brick on my second dan test.
10. What is your favorite TKD move or form? What do you like about it? My favorite form is Taebek, which is a third dan form. I like it because there is one movement that feels AND looks super cool!
11. What are 5 adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you? Fun, Sweet, Smart, Determined, and Funny
12. If you could have any virtue, what would it be and why? I would pick to be nice because it will get me far in life.
13. What are three of your favorite foods? Spinach empanadas, pasta, and pizza
14. What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to all music, but my favorite artists are Alan Walker and Imagine Dragons.
15. What is something that few people know about you? Few people know that I have 0 (zero) cousins, but I have so many second cousins. I can’t count them all!
16. What advice would you give a white belt who wants to get his/her black belt someday too? Always listen to your Masters and follow directions. If you want to be one of the best, you have to pay attention to details.
17. Lastly, share one goal in life you would like to achieve someday. One goal I would like to accomplish is to be a soccer player for Real Madrid. If I don’t make it, then I’d like to become a successful engineer.
Thank you for joining us again this month to learn more about one of our Black Belt Leaders. We are always happy to know that our athletes are active and happy outside of the studio too!
We hope you’ll come back again next month to meet another one of our amazing Quest athletes. If you’d like to meet them sooner, come by the studio and we’ll introduce you to the team in person!